Grand Canyon 2012
Rim-to-Rim, Trans-Canyon Trek, July
Two Yoots and a Geezer
This was my 5th cross-canyon trek:
- With Eric, North Rim to South, 2 days, overnight at the Bright Angel Campground, around 1992 (Lousy geezer memory, donchasee.)
- With Eric, North to South, 1 day. (Mine was a 13 1/2 hour day.) A year later.
- With Eric and Dave (my elder son), South to North, two days, overnight at Cottonwood. 2000.
- With Al, Allan, and Jim, North to South, 4 days, overnight at Cottonwood, Bright Angel, and Indian Garden. 2004.
- With Eric and Raymond, North to South, 3 days, with two nights at the Bright Angel campground. 2012.
Here’s the trail map:
- North Rim to Cottonwood
- Cottonwood Campground
- Cottonwood to the Bright Angel Campground
- Bright Angel Campgroud and Phantom Ranch
- Bright Angel to Indian Garden
- Indian Garden Campground (actually 6 is misplaced on the map: Indian Garden in on the Tonto Plateau after (south of) the arduous series of switchbacks that climb from the river.)
- Indian Garden to the Bright Angel Trailhead
Raymond and Eric, intrepid trekkers
Chuck and Eric. Beginning the hike out, July 7, 2012
Here’s a zip file with several more pictures that I am too lazy to build webpages around.